Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Introducing Ashley, Our New Blogger

Hello Everyone! I'm Ashley and I will be writing The Left Bank blog, Everything But The Dress.  Like most clients that come into our boutique, I am in the midst of planning my wedding in August.  My fiance, Brandon, proposed in June. I cooked dinner for him and wound up burning the fish on the grill. We laughed it off and were enjoying ourselves and the time together. We had been talking about getting married but he wanted to ask for my parents permission. Since they were out of town, he felt like he couldn't ask me. He was giving me a back massage and we were talking about how great our day was together and how much we wanted to get married. He turned me around and said, "I can't wait anymore". He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes.
Brandon, Ashley and our adopted poodle, Chandler


I am planning my wedding loving every moment of it. From the moment I got engaged, I knew what I wanted. I have been planning my wedding since I was a little girl so I knew I wanted a princess dress and a tiara. Within days, I had set up meetings at hotels and unique venues in Chicago.  In one day I eliminated most of the places and fell in love with The Congress Plaza Hotel. When I showed the space to Brandon he said "this is where we're getting married". In July I found my dress which was the 4th dress I tried on. My mom and I went wedding dress shopping at Belle Vie in Chicago and found the perfect Anne Barge dress that I am utterly in love with and cannot wait to wear. We had a terrific experience with our consultant Gwen, whose southern hospitality was so welcoming.  It is not exactly a true princess dress but as my mom says, it is an "angel" dress. Gwen suggested I come to The Left Bank for my wedding accessories and not only found my gorgeous hairpiece and earrings, but a chance to work in the wedding industry!
Brandon and Ashley

My bridesmaids are wearing long black Calvin Klein gowns from a Nordstrom's which I know they will be able to  wear again.  Their bouquets are yellow, orange and bright pink and I wouldn't dare ask them to wear any of those colors since most of them are very pale and as someone who is always being teased for her pale skin, I know you can never go wrong with black. Bright bouquets will really pop out against their black gowns.

I'm excited to share more of my wedding planning experiences on our blog and look forward to meeting many new brides and helping them stylize their wedding day!

Photos Courtsey of: Flash! Digital Portraits (Photographer: Samantha)

No comments:

Post a Comment