Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Blogaversary!

Hard to believe it's been a whole year since we started blogging!  Everything But The Dress is celebrating it's one year anniversary today. Thank you to all our fabulous fans for following us as we show you all the tips, tricks, and trends for creating a fabulously accessorized wedding!  Here's a look back at our very 1st blog post!

An outdoor wedding shoes solution? Awesome Product Alert - Sole Mates!


Photo by TheSoleMates.com

The website says "Never sink into the grass again!" So I took the Sole Mates out for a spin. As a Matron of Honor in a wedding involving outdoor photographs, I thought they would come in handy, and they did. My favorite things?

1. No one knew I had them on - they're clear.
2. They made it more comfortable to walk on cement and rocky side walks.
3. I felt totally stable on the grass.
4. They collected all the dirt that would have been on my shoes! You can flip them over and see all the dirt your shoes avoided.

The only downside is that they are not “one size fits all.” My shoes had a pretty thin stiletto on them so the poor Sole Mates ended up spinning around a little. They also give you a little extra height, so you should practice walking in them first. But a great extra “pro?” When you do walk around your apartment in them, the rubber bottoms totally quiet the heel, so there’s no fear of annoying your neighbors.

My final verdict? Sole Mates are an I DO! Available at The Left Bank for $10.95 a pair.

Check out some of our other posts from the early days!
Do I Need a Wedding Day Purse?
How to Wear Hair Pins
5 Tips for Buying Wedding Shoes
Contemporary Pearl Wedding Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment